Friday, April 8, 2011

I finally got answers....

It seems like about two weeks I have been rying to get hold of the endocronoligist's nurse, or the person that I think is his secratary. I have left message after message after message for both these people. I had decided Monday I was going to start calling others in the hospital for help. Dr Healy's nurse has always called back very timely and been very helpful. I had wanted to know what to do about the lab tests that were not run, do I need to get the growth charts from Little Guy's primary care doctor, when will this DEXA scan be scheduled and if we could get the first pamidronate treatment done beofre Kindergarten starts. Well after talking to Dr Healy last week, I found out that the pamidroate needs to be done several weeks before or afer surgery so that will kind of out this summer. We next see Dr Healy mid-June so I don't think surgery would be scheduled before July. This surgery is chiari decompresion and removal of the hardware in Sam's legs. That left the other three questions I had. So I will get a lab slip in the mail about two weeks before the appointment in September with the endocronoligist to get that done. They have growth charts already. Though I think I will print off his growth records fro the My Chart at his PCP and bring with me to the appointment just to make sure. The DEXA scan will be done the day of that appointment too. It was the person I think is the secratary that called and she started the conversation off by saying something about phone tag. I have never recieved one message back all this time!!!! I always left my cell phone number and couldn't have mixed up the numbers that many times. AARRRGGGHHH!! That experience has NOT been my typical experience with Gillette. On other news, I scheduled an appointment with the nurologist for the 16th to see if we can get help with the headaches until the surgery. Yesterday Little Guy was plaing with daddy, he would run to daddy and daddy would step out of the way at the last minute, scoop him up, hold him upside down over his sholder and tickle his tummy. Little Guy loved it, laughed so hard and asked for more, but after a few times he went to the couch to lay down sying his head hurt. :( He would lay down for a couple minutes then jump up asking for more. This happened a few times until I pointed out to Daddy what was happening and Daddy stopped the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment