Friday, August 19, 2011

Home again!

We were finally released today. We had some really hard times since that last post. About 1 am Sam woke up in pain, lots of pain. Took some to get him to take meds but he finally did and fell back asleep. From then on we seemed on top of pain far as medicating goes. the other hard spots were PT. It was so hard and scary for him to get up and walk with the walker. The second PT we tried stairs and that was really hard for Sam. When we finally got him back to his wheel chair and were talking for a bit, he started to fall asleep. I put him in his bed and he slept for an hour and a half before we went home. he was so crabby this afternoon/early evening that I gave him to much medication before bed. He is on tylenol, valium, and oxycodone. The valium is 2 - 4 ml a dose, the oxy codone 2-3 ml. I gave him 4 ml of both. I wanted him to sleep so I could and messed the doeses up. I called the hospital after I figured out what I did and they said it was ok, just mabey wait an extra hour to give him his next dose and plan on 3 ml of both valium and oxycodone so I don't mix it up again. I need some sleep. I hate that I have to give my baby such strong meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment