Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ready for yet another surgery.....



Almost, I still need to pack. We report 10:30 Thursday morning. It is supposed to start at noon and last 1 hour 45 min.


Today Sam saw the nuerologist. Over all that went well and he only needs to go back if something comes up. He is doing well since surgery and hopefully the headaches continue to diminish. The nuerologist was kind of concerned that he had accidents with some of his headaches and questioned me closely about the possibility of siezures. I don't feel that is happening.


This evening Sam had his H&P, the pre-op appointment. Other then waiting it went well and he is cleared for surgery. We also did the blood draw for the endo appointment on Sept. 2. He didn't like that part!


I'd like to think that this will be a breeze and barely a blip in the scheme of surgeries for Sam. There is a part of me that is still scared though. It never gets easy seeing your child go under anesthia. I think the emergency situations are almost easier to deal with then this waiting. I have decided to accept help from my church in the way of meals afterwards and someone to come with me to the hospital. I'd still like to get skype set up with our other computer, but not sure that will happen. Sam really misses his siblings while at the hospital.


There are 3 weeks until school starts. But i'm feeling like this is the end of summer. Finances didn't work out like I hoped so I couldn't get all the camping gear we needed to do that. With the help of friends I was able to take the kids to both water parks near us this summer. They like the Cascade Bay in Eagan better. Sam had a blast on the slide. In the picture above, you can barely Sam's head poking above the bottom of the slide. By then end of the night, he was crawling up the stairs to the slide he was so tired. He still wanted to keep going though until they kicked up out!




No comments:

Post a Comment