Friday, May 13, 2011

Finally......


Joshua 1:9 (King James Version)
9Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (King James Version)
5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Psalm 30:11-12 (King James Version)
11Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
12To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

Philippians 4:6-7 (King James Version)
6Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Blogger is down so I’m putting this into Word and will cut and paste later. This morning I went to facebook and the first three verses show up in my feed. Three different people put these verses in their status and they all came together for me. I’m not sure how I see dancing about Sam’s surgery, but be not afraid I will not be alone. God will take away my mourning. Last night at church I went forward for prayer for the surgery and my coping of it. I’m not alone. Wednesday was a quiet day while the older ones were at school and I started to freak some being mostly alone with my thoughts. I’m not alone came through again and again with the men I prayed with. One of them shared Phil 4:6-7. That verse jumped out at me a few months ago while I was waiting for results of biopsies. God understands, I don’t need to. Even if doctors don’t figure out exactly what is going on with Sam, God understands.

There are times I am so afraid that this is starting Sam down a road of repeated brain surgeries. Then I tell myself he has done remarkably well with surgeries in the past year. He has had pleanty of practice with 5 in the last year, and two sedated MRIs. This unkown is so hard. But isn’t that all of life?

Sam is doing well. He was a little more tired today and had a headache again this afternoon. He was strapped into his carseat when he told us and I was grateful we made it to our destination without it escalating to severly. He also had his last therepy before surgery. We are to play it by ear, mabey check in after surgery, definitely after we see Dr Healy next month. I pray he stays healthy until Wednesday so we do not have to delay the surgery. He is loving his calendar and so careful to keep it up. He crosses of a day each night and each morning he tears off a chain.

Ok this was written 5/12 and finally I could get in and post 5/13.

No comments:

Post a Comment