Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rambelings of a tired mommy.....


Sam has slept well. it is almost 7:30 as I write this and he is still sleeping. He was only woken up once for pain meds. he is moving around in his sleep like usual. He is definately feeling better! Last night was hard to keep up with him and more so keep him safe. More than once I or the nurse told him if he falls he won't be going home tomorrow.

I on the other hand did not sleep well. This pull out bed is so hard and uncomfortable and I think we got the only hot room in the hospital. Everytime I have been here it has been cold. so I brought long sleeve pajamas. Not needed in this room.

I am anxious to get home and be in my own house and bed. Mabey I can get someone to come over and watch Sam so I can sleeo. I am so thankful for the outpouring of love and generousity from friends and family. I have food waiting for us at home gift card to more fast food from church and the girls school. My parents drove through rush hour to take my kids to my sisters for the weekend. Then the prayers. I am reminded of james 5:16 "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." It has. sam is going to be one of the rare kids who go home three days after brin surgery! We still need to pray as there is a window of about 5 to 14 days, even to 21 when aesptic menajitis can form. About 1 in 4 or 5 kids get this following chiari decompression.

I should get things together and get ready to go home!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment